TORO helps homeowners avoid the common problems associated with marketing and selling a home and we assist homeowners who want to sell a property without the fees and challenges of listing it with a realtor.
Common problems faced by a homeowner:
- Knowing what needs to be repaired on the house, and what it will cost.
- Locating a reliable contractor to repair the home in a timely manner.
- Managing the contractor and the project.
- Paying realtor commissions.
- Interviewing realtors to find the best one to market and sell the house.
- Paying for insurance on an unoccupied property.
- Paying closing costs.
- Paying for upgrades so the property is comparable to others in the area.
- Dealing with radon and mold testing done by prospective buyers.
- Dealing with the buyer’s inspector.
- Providing clear termite letters, surveys, and disclosures.
- Opening the house for showings.
- Negotiating a price with a potential buyer.
- Possible price re-negotiations.
- Waiting for the buyer to be approved for a mortgage.
- Dealing with seasonal downturns in the selling cycle.
- Waiting, sometimes for months (or even years), to sell the property.